Release Notes for Cobbler 3.0.0¶
- Use new dracut ip option for configuring static interfaces (koan).
- Add a whitelist of directories in order to persist a
- Add proxy support for get-loaders, signature update and reposync.
- Add initial support for DJBDNS.
- Enable external YUM repo mirroring through a proxy server.
- DHCP configuration now also supports the per interface gateway setting.
- A new interface_type
BMCwas added which also can be managed with DHCP.
- Yaboot was updated to 1.3.17.
- Add ability to have per-profile/per-system
--graphicsoption to Koan.
- Improved input validation and error handling.
virtio26for generic QEMU fallback in Koan.
- Debian network config: add support for tagged vlan only bonding interfaces.
- Documentation has been converted into rST and is now included with the source tree.
- Integrated pyflakes into the build system and resolved hundreds of issues.
- Integrated pep8 (coding style) into the build system and resolved thousands of issues.
- Add a new field to the system type
- Minor update to CSS; make better use of screen (tables) (cobbler-web).
- Add support for an empty system status.
dns-nameis specified, set it as DHCP hostname in preference to the
- Allow user to choose whether or not to delete item(s) recursively (cobbler-web).
- Set ksdevice kernel option to MAC address for ppc systems as bootif is not used by yaboot.
- Return to list of snippets/kickstarts when snippet/kickstart is saved (cobbler-web).
- Layout in snippet/kickstart edit form has been improved (cobbler-web).
- Better handling of copy/remove actions for subprofiles (API and cobbler-web).
- Make kickstart selectable from a pulldown list in cobbler-web (#991).
- Changed Apache configuration directory in Ubuntu 14.04 (#1208).
- build_reporting no longer fails with an empty string in ignorelist (#1248).
- Kickstart repo statement, filter invalid values:
- Several improvements to Debian/Ubuntu packaging.
- Some class/method names have been changed to make the code more intuitive for developers.
root=argument in Koan when using grubby and replace-self to avoid booting the current OS.
- Exit with an error if the cobblerd executable can’t be found (#1108, #1135).
- Fix Cobbler sync bug by xmlrpclib returning NoneType object.
- Dont send the Puppet environment when system status is empty (#560).
- Cobbler-web kept only the most recent interface change (#687).
- Fix broken gitdate, gitstamp values in
- Prevent disappearing profiles after cobblerd restart (#1030).
- Add missing icons to cobbler_web/content (#679).
- cobbler-ext-nodes was broken with
mgmt_classesdefined at the profile level (#790).
- Properly name the VLAN interface in the manual page.
- Fix wrong address of the Free Software Foundation.
- Remove legacy (EL5/6) cruft from the RPM specfile.
- Koan: use the print function instead of the print statement.
- Minor improvement to LDAP configuration (#217).
- Improvements to the unittest framework.
- Removed several unused functions from utils.
- List of authors is now automagically generated.
- Support for LDAP configuration through Koan has been removed.
- Support for redhat_management (Spacewalk/Satelite) has been moved to contrib. Users of this functionality should checkout contrib/redhat-management/README.
- Monit support has been removed; you really need to use a CMS to manage your services.
- Support for remote kickstart templates and files been removed (eg. kickstart=http://).
- All object names are now validated like that of the system object.
- The use of
distroon subprofiles are now mutually exclusive.
- Support for s390/s390x has been removed.
- Support for ia64 (Itanium) has been removed.
- Support for the MySQL backend has been removed.
- Support for deprecated fieldnames (
bonding) has been removed.
- Cobbler now requires python 2.7 and Koan now requires python 2.6.
- Red Hat specific default kernel options have been removed from the settings file.
- Support for Func integration has been moved to contrib. Users of this functionality should checkout contrib/func/README.
- Deprecated Koan LiveCD: moved to contrib.